Don’t sacrifice fashionable style or high-level sports performance with our high-end prescription sunglasses!
- Sunglasses should provide protection from ultraviolet rays in sunlight. Ultraviolet (UV) light damages the cornea and the retina. Good sunglasses can eliminate most harmful UV rays.
- Sunglasses must provide protection from intense light. When the eye receives too much light, it naturally constricts the iris and makes the pupil opening smaller to restrict the amount of light that enters your eye. Once it has constricted the iris as far as it can, the next step is squinting. If there is still too much light, as there can be when sunlight is reflecting off of snow, the result is damage to the retina. Good sunglasses can block light entering the eyes by as much as 97 percent to avoid damage.
- Sunglasses provide protection from glare. Certain surfaces, such as water, can reflect a great deal of light, and the bright spots can be distracting or can hide objects. Good sunglasses can completely eliminate this kind of glare using polarization.
You apply sunscreen before heading out for a day outdoors, but do you think about your eyes?
Sunwear and Tinted Lenses
Are you an active person who likes to spend your time outdoors? Then, sun protection, glare reduction and contrast-rich vision should be important for you. Hoya Vision offers a range of tinted lenses that reduce glare and enhance contrast, even in challenging weather conditions. With dozens of options to choose from, there is no need to compromise fashion for function.
- Tinted and Sun Lenses Colorful lenses for the colorful you
- Polarized Tint The ideal outdoor lens
- Contrast Enhancing Tints Colored lenses for sport
- Mirror Treatments High-fashion, high-function lenses
Light reactive lenses
Light reactive lenses are most relevant if you find yourself squinting and blinking excessively in bright light. They automatically and quickly adjust the tint darkness according to the light conditions you are in. For example, in strong sunlight, they perform as sunglasses, and indoors they perform as clear spectacles. Ease of use for you!
Meet Sensity photochromic lenses, created to make your life easier: they darken outdoors and quickly fade back to exceptionally clear indoors. During these rapid transitions, you are still UV protected. Our goal is to ensure comfort in all kinds of light situations. These new lenses achieve an even greater darkness outdoors, they work inside the car and you will continue to look attractive.